Tuesday, January 10, 2012

{Made} Infant Peasant Dress

One of my best friends just had a beautiful baby girl the day after Christmas. Because this is her second girl and she already has all the basic necessities, she decided to wait until the baby was born to have a shower. That is in a couple weeks, but I was wanting to make a little something to give to her now

Abby from Sew Much Ado shared this FREE Infant Peasant Dress Pattern and Tutorial and I just HAD to make it! The fabric I used is Riley Blake Sugar & Spice by The Quilted Fish.

 The pattern is awesome and the tutorial is so easy to follow and has great step by step photos. The pattern is the same for the front and back, so I added a little ribbon tag to what I decided was the "back".
I did this because there is one side that has more of the red flowers and I wanted that to be the front.

 Here is the dress on that sweet baby girl! I added a pair of newborn pants to keep her little legs warm.
In the summer this dress would be perfect with some bloomers.

*Sigh*I am so in love with her:)

Sewing for girls is so much fun!
It's probably a good thing that I am having another boy;)


You may find me linking up with some of these blogs:
Fingerprints on the Fridge, Making The World Cuter, Dittle Dattle, Mad Skills Monday, Skip to my Lou, Craft O Maniac, Delicate Construction, Ask Anna, New Nostalgia, House of Grace, Sassy Sites, Not Just a Housewife, Today's Creative Blog, My Craftie Life, Sew Much Ado, Seven Thirty-Three, Someday Crafts, A Diamond in the Stuff, My Girlish Whims, Somewhat Simple, Momnivores Dilemma, Paisley Passions, Fun to Craft, Make it, Wear it, Gluesticks, House of Hepworths, What Allie's Making Now, Finding Fabulous, A Little Knick Knack, Mommas Kinda Crafty, Its a Hodgepodge Life, Inspiring Creations, Be Different Act Normal, Wildflowers and Whimsy, Tatertots and Jello, The Idea Room, My Repurposed Life, Sew Many Ways, I Heart Naptime, Thirty Handmade Days, Under the Table and Dreaming, Creative Itch, Oops I Craft My Pants, Addicted 2 Decorating

11 comments:

Jenna said...

What an adorable dress! I love it! You're so talented. Will you make me one if I have a girl next? ;)

Amy at Ameroonie Designs said...

The dress is darling, Amy! What a great gift. :)
xoxo,
Amy

Andi said...

CUTE!!! Seriously why aren't we neighbors?? I need you to help me learn to sew clothes!! And newborns are so precious!!

Unknown said...

So cute! Thanks so much for sharing the tutorial!
ClaraBelle

Unknown said...

So cute, Amy! I love the fabric. My little girl is starting to get into the larger sizes that we didn't get so many of at her baby shower, and this looks like the perfect thing to fill up her wardrobe again :)

Stephanie said...

Oh my gosh, so cute! And the outfit too :)

Stone Cottage Adventures said...

What a beautiful baby girl! 'Love the fabric you chose for the dress! -Marci

Melissa said...

Cute and dress and even cuter bubby :)

Chris said...

Hi Amy, the dress for your friend's baby is so adorable. What a good little seamstress you are. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

This is adorable, Amy!!! I LOVE the fabric... perfect choice. Great idea adding the ribbon tag to the back, too. Great job!

roberto cavalli baby clothes said...

Very very pretty dress. Baby look very beautiful in this dress. Thanx for sharing this post.

The most important thing she’d learned over the years was that there was no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one."
~Jill Churchill