Saturday, October 29, 2011

Travis' Birthday Shirt

So I realize that Travis' birthday was nearly a month ago, but I forgot to share this because I have pregnesia. It's a real thing...look it up.

I made Travis a "2nd Birthday Shirt".

I took a shirt from his closet that had a few little stains on the front, appliqued a HUGE "2" onto a block of fabric and sewed it to the shirt with a zigzag stitch. It came out so cute and was made with what I had on hand already, so it was FREE!
Oh YEAH! I am definitely a fan of FREE.

His birthday was on a Sunday, so I thought it would be so cute for him to wear his new shirt to church. Unfortunately he took the "2" to mean "Go #2 all over this shirt"
and didn't even make it to his classroom wearing it.
**Sigh**

So his birthday shirt spent the day covered in poo in a ziplock bag in the car.
Kids are so gross.

Also, fire is crazy scary to some 2 year olds...
and that is amusing to Dad and Sissy.

Fingerprints on the Fridge, Making The World Cuter, Dittle Dattle, Mad Skills Monday, Skip to my Lou, Craft O Maniac, Delicate Construction, Ask Anna, New Nostalgia, House of Grace, Sassy Sites, Not Just a Housewife, Today's Creative Blog, My Craftie Life, Sew Much Ado, Seven Thirty-Three, Someday Crafts, A Diamond in the Stuff, My Girlish Whims, Somewhat Simple, Momnivores Dilemma, Paisley Passions, Fun to Craft, Make it, Wear it, Gluesticks, House of Hepworths, What Allie's Making Now, Finding Fabulous, A Little Knick Knack, Mommas Kinda Crafty, Its a Hodgepodge Life, Inspiring Creations, Be Different Act Normal, Wildflowers and Whimsy, Tatertots and Jello, The Idea Room, My Repurposed Life, Sew Many Ways, I Heart Naptime, Thirty Handmade Days, Under the Table and Dreaming, Creative Itch, Oops I Craft My Pants, Addicted 2 Decorating

5 comments:

Andi said...

cute shirt! sorry about the poo...yes kids are gross. Lily went through this lovely stange of putting her hand in her diaper and getting a handful of poo...blech! She finally learned to say yuck and not touch anything until I cleaned her up. She took A LOT of baths then ;)

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

This is hilarious! But the shirt is adorable... great job :)

Jenna said...

Haha, cute shirt and gross ending! Kids are so messy. Also, I just noticed you have a button, so I put it on my blog! At the top. :)

Anonymous said...

So cute! I made one for my son this year too! It is so fun to personalize and Free is awesome! Great job!

Misty @Creative Itch said...

Cute shirt!! Thanks for sharing @'Sew Cute Tuesday'! I'll be featuring you on 11/08, so be sure to stop by and grab a 'featured' button!

The most important thing she’d learned over the years was that there was no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one."
~Jill Churchill