Friday, October 14, 2011

A Painting Tip

Here's a little painting tip for you:
When you are done with a coat and need to wait for the paint to dry,
don't wash your brush...

Instead place it in a plastic bag and seal it as tightly as you can.


If you need to wait for a longer period of time between coats, you can then place your plastic wrapped paintbrush in the refrigerator. When it comes time to paint another coat your brush is ready to go!
Sharing this tip here:
Fingerprints on the Fridge, Making The World Cuter, Dittle Dattle, Mad Skills Monday, Skip to my Lou, Craft O Maniac, Delicate Construction, Ask Anna, New Nostalgia, House of Grace, Sassy Sites, Not Just a Housewife, Today's Creative Blog, My Craftie Life, Sew Much Ado, Seven Thirty-Three, Someday Crafts, A Diamond in the Stuff, My Girlish Whims, Somewhat Simple, Momnivores Dilemma, Paisley Passions, Fun to Craft, Make it, Wear it, Gluesticks, House of Hepworths, What Allie's Making Now, Finding Fabulous, A Little Knick Knack, Mommas Kinda Crafty, Its a Hodgepodge Life, Inspiring Creations, Be Different Act Normal, Wildflowers and Whimsy, Tatertots and Jello, The Idea Room, My Repurposed Life, Sew Many Ways, I Heart Naptime, Thirty Handmade Days, Under the Table and Dreaming, Creative Itch, Oops I Craft My Pants, Addicted 2 Decorating

3 comments:

Jenna said...

Wow thanks, wish I knew that tip before!

Unknown said...

The plastic bag is a good idea. I've used tin foil too with good results.

Unknown said...

So smart. I am usually too lazy and/or easily distracted to rinse out my brushes, so I just end up with a lot of unusable crunchy paint brushes... this is a much better solution!

The most important thing she’d learned over the years was that there was no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one."
~Jill Churchill