Thursday, February 10, 2011

Oh YUM! Valentines Treat

Tomorrow is Brooklyn's class Valentine party and I wanted to send something for her to share with the class other than cupcakes. Last year 4 parents sent in cupcakes for the Valentines Party, so each kid got 4 cupcakes. Yep, 4.

I will not add to the insanity!!!

I came across a Valentine Confetti recipe posted by This Blessed Nest. It looked so pretty and sounded so yummy, but my favorite part is that it is not a cupcake! 
No offense to the cupcake moms;)

2011 02 10_7488
I air popped my popcorn instead of using microwave popcorn because that’s what I had. I love getting to use my adorable little air popper…it just makes me so happy!

2011 02 10_7484
  I still had some of these left over from making Peppermint Bark. Oh yeah!! I melted these in the microwave and then mixed it in with the popcorn.

2011 02 10_7490
I poured it out onto waxed paper, took red and pink sprinkles and went a little crazy;)
To help the mixture set up I put the tray in the freezer for a few minutes.

2011 02 10_7497
I broke it into smaller pieces and filled a sandwich bag for each of the students. Then I had Brooklyn add a scoop of Valentine M&M’s to each bag…She loved getting to help.

Jon and Brooklyn couldn’t keep their hands off of it,
so I am pretty sure it will be a hit tomorrow.

Linking up with these awesome blogs:)

4 comments:

SaraZ said...

this looks so yummy! no fair posting at midnight when I can't run to the store for the ingredients. ;)

elizabeth said...

I love this idea and it could be used for any holiday! My kids are grown, but I love to make things for my Bible Study group and also for the people I work with. Thanks for posting!

April said...

mmm this looks good! when I was in school one of my friends moms used to make sugar popcorn...now i am wishing I knew how she did it!

Unknown said...

Amy-
You thrilled again! Your yummy treat was this week's most clicked link at Weekend Wander. Come grab a(nother) featured button if you'd like! They moved to the right side bar.

The most important thing she’d learned over the years was that there was no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one."
~Jill Churchill