Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Homemade Playdough

Homemade Playdough Recipe:

2 Cups of flour
1 Cup of salt
4 tsp Cream of Tartar
2 Cups water
3 Tbs oil
Food Coloring

Put all the dry ingredients in a pot, add the wet ingredients and stir continuously over low/medium heat until dough forms into a ball. 

When it is no longer sticky to the touch it is done!

Store in an airtight container.

Enjoy!

Travis decided that the playdough needed to be liberated from the bowl.

I love the texture of homemade playdough...it is so much better than commercial playdough in my opinion. I'm kind of a diva that way;)

I love his little tongue out as he concentrates.

{Playdough Love}

I am linking up  with some of these awesome blog parties.

11 comments:

~Laura said...

Thanks for sharing this recipe, Amy! I just threw away the last of the kids' old playdough... it was brown (from all the colors mixing) and dry. I am excited to try this recipe and let my kids play! :)

Anna said...

So awesome! I'm excited to make some of my own and I'm bummed that I had to miss your party last week. We'll have to do it again because I'm sure the kids would love it!

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

Love that blue, Amy! I've never tried this, but I keep bookmarking recipes. Does the food coloring stain hands or clothes?

Unknown said...

I love homemade playdough! I really should make some for my little man. Maybe I'll start with the edible stuff since he still likes to taste everything...

Leslie said...

What a great recipe! My daughter still loves to put everything in her mouth, so this would be fantastic!

Brandy said...

You have so many fun activites for kids. Thanks for sharing!

Brandy
Gluesticks
www.brandyscrafts.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I never thought a bowl of playdough could look so decorative!

raveninthewolfden said...

I am a new follower. Thanks for sharing. Id love to be bloggy friends with ya!

Michelle {Daydream Believers} said...

Thanks for sharing, my girls would enjoy making their own playdoh! :)

Unknown said...

I featured this today! I'd love for you to come grab a featured button! Thanks for linking up.

SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime said...

Hi, Amy! I'm admiring all your creative posts here so can you please share them with us at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop? Hope to see you there at the party :)

The most important thing she’d learned over the years was that there was no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one."
~Jill Churchill