Saturday, August 07, 2010

Crayon roll

I have been dying to make one of these since I first saw it...a crayon roll. A birthday party invite for a 6 year old girl was the perfect excuse to get started. I have seen so many wonderful tutorials for crayon rolls out there, but my favorite is Cindy's of Skip to my Lou. She is pretty much brilliant.

Here are some pictures of my first crayon roll:
These are my fabrics. I love how fun they are together!

All finished and waiting for the crayons!

I love all the perfectly new crayons lined up so neatly.
**sigh** I want one of these for myself!


love the ric rac and the ribbon! I have never used ric rac before and even with my perfectionist's side going a little OCD(okay, alot), I got through it and love the way it turned out.


All rolled up and ready to go!
I will be making about a hundred more of these for sure. Pens, pencils, markers, crayons, make-up brushes, paint brushes.....Hmmmmm, what else can I alter this for?

1 comment:

Elizabeth Rand said...

I LOVE it Amy!! So cute & and I want to make one! You are way too crafty! Maybe we should start a business :) LOL

The most important thing she’d learned over the years was that there was no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one."
~Jill Churchill